Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

Gentle Reminder

The first time she came to me I thought she was there for Xander.

Baby boy singing and cooing to her as she carefully stepped closer and closer.

Later, much later, he told me she was there for me
not him.

"Mom, your totem is a Deer," said the Wolf Boy.

She comes as a gentle, graceful, and loving reminder
to be gentle, graceful, and loving.

Caught up in my thoughts,
windows down in defiance of the wind and clouds,
music loud.

At the stop sign she edged up to the car from the tall grasses in the ditch.

Young and exquisitely beautiful.

So small standing there too close to the road.
Looking at me,
not my car,
not the headlights.
She looked at me.

So still she could have been a lawn ornament.
But she wasn't.

As always, there at just the right time.

http://alltotems.com/deer-spirit-meaning-symbols-and-totem/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete